View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM

Default New from North Texas - '87 SSP

Hello!

My name is Bryan, been into Mustangs for many years, moderate a couple of forums, etc. Bill (28hopup) sort of pointed me in the right direction over here. I picked up a 1987 LX coupe today, that has many of the markings of an SSP car, extra ground straps on all the hinges, relocated trunk release, cert. 140 mph speedo, 100 lb oil pressure gauge, screw holes in the dash, trunk floor and under the trunk lid, etc. Has two buck tags in place but hard to read and cannot get the screws out to save my life. Partial read off of one of them, I can make out the words TEXAS, SPECIAL ___ and REMAINDER on the bottom line. More importantly, the VIN matches your VIN project, so I feel pretty comfortable calling it an SSP.

As you can see, the previous owner decided to give it a 4 eye conversion, which is admittedly what initially attracted me to the car. Now that I know it's probably legit though, I'm having second thoughts about leaving it this way. Time will tell I guess.

Anywho, she's showing 18k and change, so it's anybody's guess whether that's 118 or 218, although she drives awfully tight to be 218. Still bone stock, Speed Density, T5 and all, save for a tacky add on air filter in place of the stock box (which, if someone has a spare they wouldn't mind parting with, I would be glad to take it off your hands!). She's had a repaint in DSG, but judging by some spots under the hood, I'm guessing she was an 8L car to begin with, and she still sports a pretty clean Sand Beige interior. Missing the ash tray door, but I've already located a decent replacement on FEP.

Looking forward to finding out more about her and seeing what path she decides to take! Here's a few pics for now -