View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Default Car 66 Has Been Found!

Delaware State Police called last night. My car was found 2 miles from my house in an apartment complex. I had the Trooper talk the tow truck driver into bringing it back to my house. It's in perfect shape. I started it right up and drove it off the rollback. The locks weren't punched, and it doesn't appear to have any add'l miles on it. By the looks of the car, it's been sitting outside all this time. If I were to guess, I suspect that the thieves realized what they had stolen, feared it may have a GPS locator installed, and dumped it in a parking lot with no cameras.

I spoke with the insurance company this morning. Since we settled the claim 2 weeks ago, they own the car and will pick it up tomorrow. They will also reimburse me for last night's tow fee. But the only way I can get the car back is to buy it at auction, which I may or may not do. It's kinda strange that I may end up losing the car twice, but this may end up being the best possible outcome.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!