Thread: Done !!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Smile Done !!

going to sunny south Georgia on saturday to bring home a 91 GSP. It took some quick negotiation and teamwork to get it bought but it turned out perfectly. I had been after this one for about three weeks and then the car got listed and the seller got swamped with offers. Props to Vincent for being a stand up guy and also to Justin for the mad dash to get the car. Steak dinner on me !

This one has a quite a lengthy history with the patrol and then was turned over to a state university in Georgia. It wasn't sold to the public by the State of Georgia until 2005. It has been stored since then and alledgedly has 121k miles. Car has some new engine parts on it, all original body panels, no crashes history, has the door vin label, both buc tags, cert speedo and a faded interior. I have a bunch of the e-stuff for the car already so I am ahead of the game on this one. There is some original GSP paperwork with the car and I will be contacting the university to see what records they may have. The price was excellent given the condition and originality of the car.

Lastly I am done buying cars. I can hear a few of you laughing already but seriously...( and EVIL feel free to sticky this post)......This is the exact car I wanted to complete my collection. A good solid unmolested GSP car to bring back to life. Next month I will go pick up the 83 car and close this chapter on my project.

Here is a picture for now. I will post more Sunday after getting back to the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10116.JPG (155.8 KB, 170 views)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP