Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 05:08 PM

Today I spent a few hours revealing 0327's spotlight and antenna ball mounting holes. For the spotlights I used a cylindrical sanding tool with a Dremel and sanded the paint away carefully to show the Bondo spots. Once they were visible I used an Xacto knife to carve away the bondo (first photo). I wanted to be very careful not to enlarge the mounting screw holes.

Removing about a quarter inch of Bondo inside the trunk where the antenna mount is was much more work. I had to be careful because there was Bondo on both sides of the metal. I didn't want to knock any of the outside Bondo off or damage the metal shape and create more body work. Carefully chipping away as much Bondo on the inside as I could with a putty knife then grinding the rest away, I could see where the three bolt holes and the center hole were from the trunk side. I then drilled the bolt holes and the center hole, using the Dremel tool once again to remove the rest of the Bondo to the original-sized center hole. (second and third photos)

The ball mount fits perfectly. It was a good day for 0327. A little at a time, just keep moving forward...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (44.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (41.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (18.5 KB, 18 views)