Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM

Default Wiring Harnesses

Eric, previous owner of 0204, was kind enough to email a scan of a vintage wiring diagram from 1984. Using it as a guide not only for connections but also wire colors and sizes, I am putting together a set of harnesses. It doesn't seem difficult; but there are a couple of things on the drawing (attached below) that I don't know what to do with:

1. A Red wire going from the 1.5A fuse of the RC fuses to something labeled "M. Box". I haven't figured out what the M. Box is. "RC" probably means Radio Console or similar, because other fuses from that block supply power to the scanner and the Micor.

2. A yellow wire going from the 10A fuse on the B+ fuse block to the "Repeater". I think this would run all the way to the trunk to power a unit located in the trunk. I think that is the same repeater that is also connected to the small whip antenna mounted on the center rear portion of the roof. Back in the day I always thought that small antenna on the roof was for the Regency scanner. I wish I had paid more attention to details then, took photos, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mustang Schematic 1.jpg (93.1 KB, 61 views)