Thread: SSP Interest?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Im the new owner of the 88 NYSP car that this thread was started about. I was out of the country until just Monday night though, and the seller of it left for a 3 week vacation yesterday morning. So we worked out the money, and Ill be picking it up in the start of september when he returns. No good pictures or a solid description until then.

I did talk with him for awhile and from what he said it sounds like the rust is mostly kept to the floor board and the parts under the car like the rear, control arms etc.

I have a 92lx coupe (non ssp) that Im getting ready to do a full 5 lug swap on, Its got less then 70k on it and its spotless and rust free. So I think all the parts coming off the 92 with end up on the 88 to address some of its rust. The seller also said he does have the full interior, so Ill figure out whats worthy of keeping, anything that isint Im pretty sure I already have sourced out.

Im only 23 with your typical school dept and things of that nature so this certainly wont be a 3 month restoration, probably a slow and steady pace over the next year or two. Id just like to bring it back to a good running and stopping car and then well get the interior and everything else sorted out.

This is all pending the condition of the body of course, the floor board is no big deal, but if its got some serious rust issues all over Ill have to rethink my plans.

Either way the car will end up in good hands and get the attenion it deserves. If anyone here whos semi local and good ay body work would be interested in helping with the floor board, Id be happy to pay you and work something out so let me know!