View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkv1977 View Post
Hi there - my name is Mark and I have a collection of cars that includes a few Mustangs. I have always like the 86 model (I have a 86 GT convertible with 50,000 miles on it in Canyon Red) but wanted a 1986 Mustang SSP. I recall seeing them when I went to visit a large CHP site in Los Angeles back in 1988. I took plenty of photos and I'll try to scan them and post them up. I bought a 1986 Mustang SSP Oregon car - which I have imported to Australia. It is an all white car. Don't shoot me but I am turning it into a CHP unit - black and white.It was a car I bought out of Oregon and it had been left to sit for 10 years or so - and was probably destined for the wreckers. Anyway - we got it running and I am starting to fix it up now.
Welcome! First off, thank you for saving the car. Second, why didn't you buy a CHP Mustang in the first place (I know its hard to ship a car to Australia, but there are plenty of CHP cars out here). OSP only ordered around 20 Mustangs for 86, which makes it pretty rare, much rarer than a CHP Mustang. I saw your car on ebay and my dad was one of the other bidders on it. Pretty nice original car.

Curious, do you have to convert it to RHD?

Would be a shame to clone a CHP out of such a rare car. It's your car though...

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs