View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
I had a question, in 1982 I'm seeing 400 consecutive VIN's and in my research of another car, I see that there were supposed to be 5 extra cars and 2 prototypes for 1982. I'm no expert but I'm trying to figure this whole SSP thing out. Were all 400+ SSP's in 1982 then CHP?
Negative. The 400 cars are all CHPs. As far as the "protoypes" are concerned, the one that "VintageRacer" has does NOT have a 6-digit DSO, and is NOT an SSP. The Marti Report shows it was a "police demo" (lots of cars are). I still have never seen any proof from him that it was a CHP car, an "EVOC" car, or the "first" of anything. He was given the opportunity to post that info here when he was still a member, but he did not do so.

As for the CHP Hatchback cars, well, there was a member here that had one, but we never saw a build sheet or assignment card documenting CHP service. I do remember an in-service pic of the car somewhere. That car did have a DSO. It was sold by the owner at one of the auction houses.

I'm not sure what the big deal about documentation is; I've posted up every build sheet and every other piece of documentation about these cars that I've ever found.

Hope this helps, Greg.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363