Thread: New Project Car
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I posted in the following thread about our trip to Ohio in May -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=4259

As stated, we had a great time. We're now getting ready to bump the power in Jack's 98. All along we had planned to perform a splitport/Windstar head/cam/intake swap on the original motor. Well, the "shop" we've been using for the porting and custom cam has been taking FOREVER to get return our lower intake and new custom cam. So Jack decided to look at going another way with his V6. We began looking for a suitable Thunderbird SuperCoupe to use as a engine donor for Jack's car. Those blown 3.8L's had 230 hp and over 300 ft/lbs of torque.

We found a wrecked 1993 SC on one of the Mustang forums, and it turns out the seller is the brother of a guy I know on another forum. The car use to belong to their Mom before the car was involved in an accident. So Jack and I will be pulling a borrowed trailer on Friday to Flint, Michigan to pick up the donor car. Later that morning, we will stop by Lapeer Dragway to catch up with at least two MOCSEM members we know. One of them just took delivery of a 2013 3.7L convertible, and he's planning to get some baseline runs in this Saturday before adding forced induction to the car. If anyone is near Lapeer this Saturday, feel free to meet us out there.
Now we're talkin! Keep us updated on the progress, or link to another forum where it will definintely be posted. Thats gonna be awesome!
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD