Thread: MCA Question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
CHiPster

Default Don't take it the wrong way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide View Post
Please don’t pretend you know what you're talking about. I can scan our policy manual as it pertains to equipment for vehicles as well, and as I already pointed out - BY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - there is not an absolute when dealing/ordering from suppliers and manufacturers for equipment. It is impossible to produce large numbers of fleet cars EXACTLY the same for consecutive years. There WILL be inconsistencies. All you're showing me by trying to use a copy of SOP, is that you have NEVER been in Law Enforcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide View Post
I've been IN the Mustang hobby world since the early 80s and IN Law Enforcement for 22 yrs - ...you are not the be all to end all when it comes to them and the hobby. Well, other than your reputations as a group proceeds you.
I did not want to get into it with the differences of opinions here but bonafied you have struck a cord here, not only with me and the ones that have responded but with others who will not post. While your department might not be uniformed that is true for more than half of all departments in the U.S. because they give the individual officer the option to place their equipment where they want (i.e. FHP and my own Sheriff's Office) and the need to keep cost down.

I have restored a FHP car and for the most part all the equipment needed was found relatively easy and with the help of forum members. I am in the process of restoring an '85 CHP car and the equipment is so much harder to get because it was specifically made for CHP. I just can't use some equipment that another department ordered for backwoods PD. I have also owned Jim Young's old unit 9067 which he restored. That was a 1992 SSP and there was a hard line in equipment differences because CHP stopped the placing of the old style equipment on the newer cars. They did not mix match like most other departments would have.

I two have been into Mustangs for over 20 years and in Law Enforcement for 13. This makes no difference as we all know a one year rooky in a bad city has much more experience then a 20 officer in a slow and lazy town. We respect both officers for the job they do and the disaster that both have the potential of enduring but the years of experience or where they work will not help them with the knowledge of what the SOP or what the standard is or isn't with other departments, only theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
...Does that make me an expert? I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
If you're here to make a positive contribution, then by all means do so....
Do some research on the Federal CC1 and maybe you might learn a little something. We learn things here on a regular basis.
True statement and I will only add that in this sight you will not have your post deleted just because you make a factual statement about another or a correction to what someone else has said. I can't say the same for another sight that you have followed and taken their view that "your reputations as a group proceeds you". This sole statement is what offended me as I am a contributing member to the sight.