View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
These are common problems with custom emergency vehicle installations even today. Ford has come up with factory (Crown services up in Canada to start and the Leer for the new Interceptor) police emergency lighting systems so that there is little or no splicing done anymore. The power that some of these lights use can cause electrical overheating so the factory setups are being used more often.

As an aside, some of the wig-wag control manufacturers currently have better designs for more of the plug-n-play type of install not the dreaded "splice"!

Good luck with your troubleshooting tomorrow!
Very true. Believe it or not, I've done the installs on my last 3 Crown Vics ('02, '05, '09). I was VERY thankful for Crown's jumper for the headlight harness up front....at least until my '09. They changed out the plug, removed the jumper, and I have no wig-wags on it. Before that, it was plug and play. I'm sure it still is with the new plug, I've just never taken the time to research it. My last marked car ('04) had the factory Ford flasher from Crown already in it.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363