View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Check the bulbs yes but that sounds like the grounds are switched or off on one of the bulbs. If a wig-wag was installed by splice, that means that the control module mounting area is where the splice was done. If there was extra wire spliced in, check the surrounding wire harness area for the factory wires for the highbeam and simply reinstall them. To be sure, take a multi meter and see if you get power from any of the extra wires in the harness area and check for any differences in power too as there might just be a short in the splices too causing a low power problem to the one side when you set the high beams. That blue splice that you have is not going to work as each of the sides have to have power and ground separately. The splice looks to be where the control module went.

What year is that car? Might need to double check the wiring harness diagram for that car so that you might be able to find that wire by color (it's available in Ford's service DVD's or have a Ford parts guy generate a wiring harness diagram).

This is a common problem in the CVPI's as any spliced in wig-wag control module also takes the command from the power coming from the headlight control switch to override some of it's functions when the power comes on and most shops wire the highbeams to the wig-wag module by eliminating the necessary wire from the factory harness for one side of the car.

Good luck with that as it really is a hassle figuring out those splices at times!
Thank you! Yes, there are 2 wires cut and left bare. At first, I thought it would be cool if the wig wags still worked, but now I just want to wire things up like factory. I found this diagram. Let the testing begin........tomorrow.