Thread: 1989 NHP SSP
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 PM

Default Progress...

Hello Everyone!!

So moving right along here. I picked up my car from the mechanic 2 days ago. WOW. Now she starts with a purpose. I had as much done to the engine without actually having it rebuilt. The reason I decided not to do a full rebuild was because the compression check produced great numbers, no oil was burning and there was just no negative signs. I did tell the mechanic to advise me if he felt something may need to be changed or if and when they did get in there it looked bad then to let me know and we'd do the full rebuild. Heres a list of things changed.

Every gasket, timing chain & cover, water pump, all bolts around the water pump and timing chain cover, serpentine belt, freeze plugs, motor mounts, radiator, clutch on the A/C pump, A/C pump changed over to new freon stuff, oil and filter(of course), oil cooler lines, Negative battery cable, a new oil pan because mine had a dent and had rust on it, and there may be other thing I'm forgetting.

There still is some road dirt and grime around the engine bay. I'll take care of that soon.

Today I pulled my speedo. No, not a tiny pair of swim shorts but the speedometer out of my car. Lol... I pulled it out because it wasn't working. When I turn the mechanism on the back the needle moves for a brief time but then there seems to be a bind which prevents the mechanism from moving. Has anyone heard of this? Is this common with Mustangs? Anyways my speedo will be off to get fixed ASAP.

I love my NHP SSP