View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM

I have the license plate number of my SSP's in-service days, so moving forward; I sent a few emails out to the California Highway Patrol, and the CHP Historical Society.

I got a response from the CHP Historical Society in a few days saying the California Highway Patrol was the best source for this information and they couldn’t help.

So today being a few weeks later, I got a response from the California Highway Patrol, Office of Community Outreach and Media Relations dept.
Quote:
Attached is the request that was sent to FOS from CV. We do not have any records on the 1984 Mustang plate number E862748. Records are kept by the area where the vehicle was assigned for a period of three years and then they are purged.
They had no information, but were more than happy to help me out with the search.

So, I have no idea how I might find out more information.
You think that the CHP would know who drove which car when and where It was stationed, but I guess not.

I'm going to respond to the man who reported this; he's the Shop Operations Manager, California Highway Patrol, Fleet Operations Section.
I'm hoping he might be able to tell me, if anyone had that information, where could it be?

I don't want to post his information, most of all if he can't be any help.

I'm not sure how you would find this out; I guess it's a personally mission at this point. I would like to setup maybe a process for CHP owners to research their SSP further once you find out the squad/license number.