Thread: ecm questions.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 12:42 AM

i was looking at the forums and saw this post i made. i have a great update.

so at the end of july i sent my ecm off to a company on ebay, ecuexchange. they replaced all 3 capacitors and fixed the power supply. the guy, kyle, said they beefed up other areas that are known to fail.

the day before i planned to hook it up i went and got 5 gallons of ethanol free 93 octane. i opened the gas lid and got swarmed by wasps. i ended up with about 6 different nests around the car. gas cap area, the hinges of both doors, under the hood and in the cowl grill area. i found on the net that a squirt bottle with a little dish soap is not good for them. i spent about 10 days de-wasping the car.

i bought a new motorcraft battery and battery cables. i get the key, get in the car and turn. it fires right up. the timing may still be a little off, i need a timing light, but it runs and sounds right. i have about 25 miles on it.

i was hoping to be ready for the mustang meet that is going on at lake hiawassee in northern georgia this weekend but i need to get 2 tires before i do could do those miles. i posted a video on reddit of it being alive. i will add it here. this was just a few minutes after the first key turn.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VoSDN4R1VFZ1VR