View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
The number one B E S T !!!!! save in the past 5 years Bill. Super rare car that was a part of the history of these cars. Congrats!!!

now.....are you going to put the MX7000 light bar back on the car? (see the designation on the assignment card?)
Thanks Jim! I am really excited about saving this SSP. In terms of the MX7000, since the Assignment Card also shows the "square-with-a-dot-inside" icon (which means slicktop), I think the MX7000 reference is for the lesser-known Regency scanner.

The Assignment Card for #E408445 (the other 85 SMPV with in-service pictures) also shows the MX7000 as having been installed at one time, before that car was used as an undercover vehicle with no radio equipment.

Going back to my SMPV, it will be interesting to map out existing holes in the interior to determine which ones may have been used for the repositioned equipment (versus holes made by subsequent owners). Finding/mounting the correct equipment could be very challenging.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!