View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8336 View Post
Congrats Bill !!! CHP8383 Has been found !!! This will be really fun restoring this car. Our team efforts paid off on this one.... lol.... let the fun begin.
Rich, I cannot begin to thank you enough for going the extra mile (or 400!) for me on this car. Glad to hear you made it home safely.

The irony of obtaining the documentation on a car before actually finding the car again and buying it is not lost on me. From Rich's description, it sounds like a great starting point. The numbers 8383 are still visible by the VIN label on the driver's door, and the car has both Buck Tags on the radiator support. Once I get it titled, I will have to see if Marti Auto has the original Eminger Invoice for this car.

My plan for the car may evolve, but currently I want to perform a complete restoration on the car, similar to what ImEvil1 is doing with his 1985 FHP Mustang. This will involve a complete disassembly of the car to have it soda blasted, repaired (as needed), and painted. I will most likely have the car painted in the same manner as was done originally with the car. Ford painted it white and black. After having been used as a B&W, the CHP painted the car white (the door frames too) for use as a SMPV. So the restoration will have the same layering of the paint. Once I get the car back from the painter, I will reassemble the car with as many new/NOS parts as possible.

This will certainly be a fun project!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!