View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP55 View Post
Mike:

First and formost..

I apologize to anyone I offended. I tried to be general in comments..with no specific names....although some specific issues were referred to. I am also not the best writer...and some things I wrote may have been viewed in a light not intended. I simply want a better hobby environment for all. There were no attacks...just things that need to be done to improve this community..IMO..and the opinions of many others. BTW, the same post was made on BOTH sites..and directed at members at BOTH sites.

Second...I STAND by my reputation..personally, in these forums and in my business. Those who know me and have met me know that reputation. I feel no need to defend it here to you. I never meant to imply I had more resources than someone else or was better than anyone.

Lastly...I posted an 800 number that anyone (you) could call me on from anywhere in the USA FREE...nobody from .NET did...... I saw no reason to respond to your PM. We simply have different views...and that is OK.

I will consider the matter closed and will not debate, post or PM you again. But you may still call 800-493-4330 anytime to speak with me...and I will take or return any call.

Warmest Regards,

David J. Philipkoski
David,

Writing skills aside (I personally think yours are fine), I guess we can agree to disagree. I think we both would like a better environment for the hobby, in general, as would many others.

I'll apologize to YOU (generalities aside) if I offended you with a comment about one of your cars. I can be pretty blunt sometimes, but I can assure you that my intention wasn't to offend or upset you. I pretty much call it like I see it, and anyone who knows me well knows that.

No one here is asking you to defend your reputation, or even calling it into question. You DO have more resources than most in this hobby, and that is a fact. When you make comments about others not having restored cars, take shots at the website, etc. you do nothing but further divide us.

I responded to your PM. I'm not sure why you think I would call you (or should call you) if I couldn't get a response back from you. It's not the first time it's happened, and hopefully it will be the last.

Can we move forward now?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363