View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Got my 83 NCSHP Mustang back!!!

Well I finally got her back after 16 years! There's a long story behind it, but I'll try to make it short. My buddy's mom bought this retired NCSHP Mustang for him for graduation back in 89. He had it painted Sherwin-Williams yellow and got the engine hopped up. After a few tickets he decided to sell it, so in 91 I bought it from him. It was a lotta fun to drive but my soon to be wife hated it at the time. So in 92 I traded it towards a new Ranger, man how stupid!! So that was the last time I saw it until about 1998 at our local 1/8 mile drag strip. A guy had stripped it down and built it up strictly for drag racing, still wearing it's yellow paint. I tried to buy it back but he wouldn't sell. Fast forward to 07. Just for the heck of it I traced the car down using the VIN, come to find out the same guy had it but wasn't racing it any more due to money/divorce/kid issues. After thinking about he FINALLY decided to sell it to me. So after 16 long years I have my first Mustang back!! The pics attached are how I found it parked next to the previous owners trailer, it had been sitting there untouched for 3 years. Surprisngly it wasn't in too bad of shape. The last pic was taken in my shop, just before looking it over real good. Notice all of the leaves that came out of the engine bay. From what I understand NC ordered 50 SSP Mustangs that year, I've yet to see another still on the road.

79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 86 LTD Brougham 3.8/C5 | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5