View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWaterfowler View Post
I would like to restore some properties.
The spot light
Antennas
Correct interior, replace damaged parts
I also was thinking of doing a 5 lug conversion. The drum brakes are just terrible. I can do the conversion with junkyard parts on half off day for about $250. I like the SSP rims, but the Maximum Motorsport's Konig Villains that look like ultralights are a nice performance option.
I was thinking maybe even the stock SSP rims could be drilled for the 5 lug pattern?
I also plan on getting a toque arm and pan hard bar.
In the way, way future front and rear coil overs with tubular control arms in front and remove the rear coil on the lower control arm.
Most of this stuff would be seen from the outside.
I also have a tremec 3550 5 speed transmission in my backyard that I saved from my 91 coupe. It's a very reliable trans and it has a pro 5.0 shifter.
It really doesn't hurt the image of the car but increases the reliability and use of the car.

Do you think mods like this will lower the value, not that I have plans of selling it. To much sentimental value.

I really want to replace the motor too... It's a non-roller.
Part of being a daily driver is reliability and getting some mpg on the freeways and cruising. I was thinking o a roller 351 swap from the 1993 - 1996 years.
The gt40/cobra heads and intake fit on it nicely and most 5.0 parts. It can even fit under the hood with the stock hood.

I want to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks.
That's a lot of work for a DD. Your plan sounds more like a track car than a daily. Just keep it simple. A lot of these cars get hacked up for this very reason. I would suggest handing it off to someone who's a purist and would restore it to its factory/service condition. Just my opinion though.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD