View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:46 PM

I have zero asphalt smell. Dynamat would love for you to think you will die if you use anything else. It just isn't the case. Dynamat is wayyyyyyy over rated and insanely overpriced. The stereo guys that are reps for them have no problem touting how great it is because they are selling the product and making money off you when you buy it. I bought my Dynamat off an eBay seller but it was still overpriced. When I was looking for something on the truck I did a bunch of research and found that a whole bunch of people use the less expensive stuff and like the results. My paint guy here in Ohio has been building high end expensive hot rods for 20 years and the stuff he gave me to try is all he uses. It is thinner than Dynamat but also has the foil reflective covering so I double layer everything. I also put new ACC (yuck) carpet in the Comanche and in addition to the sound deadener / heat reflective shield I used a very thin layer of a closed cell foam to help make the carpet fit better and also absorb some more noise. It turned out very well. I have a partial roll left in the barn, I will get you the name of the product tomorrow and send it to you.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP