View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 AM

along those same lines I would venture to say that fleet managers all have personal opinions about looks etc. I know for a fact that sometimes things get changed up.

Example....When I was the fleet manager for my PD (prior to retiring) I removed full wheel covers from all our 2013 and 2014 marked patrol units and replaced them with the small dog dish center cap. Then I ordered all the 2015 and 2016 squads with the same small dog dish center cap. simply a choice I made because it is what most of the officers wanted (as did I).

I would bet that this has historically been the case on many different cars , depending on the whims of the person making those decisions. The Marti Report and/or in service pictures if you have them, should direct the person doing the restoration in the right direction.

Another example of this would be the trim rings we have seen on many of the early cars. Again I can remember in the 80's when Officers would install trim rings on their car because they liked the look. Personal preference.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP