View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
I have a '92 SSP from South Carolina that is also this color (underneath the current blue). For what it's worth, mine has "Charleston County Vehicle ID" tag on the door sill... so assumed it was a county car instead of state patrol. Weren't SC trooper cars silver?
No, it appears as though they ordered some in white, silver, Reef Blue, and red (probably others too). The batch for this 93 Reef Blue car has assorted colors in the same DSO number, but at least one of these cars was sold retail and never used in-service. I do not remember the details on why some of the SC cars were never-in-service, so I hope someone else will chime in.

The other thing to keep in mind is how inconsistently Ford ran the Buck Tags over the years. For instance, there's a 1986 car that says "COLORADO" on the Buck Tag, but its build sheet shows "WHEATRIDGE COLORADO", which is a suburb of Denver -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info203914.htm

Plus there have been "state" cars as listed in the Buck Tags which were not used by the State Police agency - they were state-owned cars. So the Buck Tags may only tell part of the story. This batch of cars have "DSO POLICE" on the Buck Tag, so they may or may not not have been ordered by the SCHP. So far, none of the six confirmed SSPs in this batch have been confirmed as SCHP cars (yet!).

BTW, is your 92 in our VIN Project?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!