Thread: Not another!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangpro View Post
This brings up an interesting question. What do your cars look like in "on the road" trim? I'm planning on painting mine the NCSHP black/silver paint scheme and put the Ford Police Vehicles badge on the doors while driving on the roads. Is that a no no??
In addition to the advice given above, you should also check your state's laws regarding the operation of ex-law enforcement vehicles. For example, California has some very explicit code sections related to this (e.g., prohibited markings, paint schemes, lights, etc.). Here's what my permanently marked CHP car looks like when it's in transit:

The covers on the decals are made from magnetic sign material and KC fog light covers are used over the red spotlight and all the deck lights. Additionally, the wig-wags, spotlights, deck lights and the siren are all run through an underhood master switch which is turned off when I'm on the road. The agreement I have with the CHP to operate this car states that I must cover the decals and lights but I added the master switch for my own protection.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/