View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM

There are not a ton of Fox body cars represented at the local shows, the ones that are seem to be straight out race cars, some kind of pro-street rides, or late model Fox's with big bad stereos. Although there was a nice '84 GT with 24k miles at a show last night. Most of the people that I have talked to snicker when I tell them what I want to do to a Fox Mustang. It still seems that the regular Mustang crowd still looks down on them, I think that Mustang II's might get more respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
Speaking as someone who owns a restoration shop....the reason they are likely blowing you off is because you want an all over paint job...most production/collision shops try intentionally to blow off that kind of work because there is more money in doing crash repair and all over paint jobs take more time. Also crash repair customers are often not as picky as those who want an all over repaint.

This is the sad reality of most body shops today unfortunately.

There are very few shops like me that specialize in restoration work....simply because while we get paid for what we do, we do not make a ton of profit like the crash shops....I personally do what I do because there is no satisfaction in crash work and no appreciation by the customer like there is in restoration/custom work.

Talk to people in local car clubs and you should get some word of mouth references for shops they have been happy with that will WANT your business rather than a shop that considers you a "bother".

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green