View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Excellent info, Doug, especially so since we were just discussing the smaller buck tags.

A member from 4-eyed pride recently sent me a set of tags from an '85 OSP car he grabbed from a totalled car in a junk yard, which I recently posted pics of.

So, we are seeing two separate tags for special-paint cars from inception (1982 CHP cars), but it appears that the solid color cars may have only received one. There have been a few early '85s (solid color, non-special paint) surfacing with these smaller tags, while later '85s are popping up with the typical, two full-sized tags. Still too early to call this solved, but the more we find and document like this, the closer we are.

This has been bothering me since I first bought my '83 CSP car. The car is still in original paint, down to the date stamps in yellow underhood and in the trunk, yet has only one bucktag, and no signs of there ever being another.

When you say early, are you speaking of actual time? If I'm not mistaken, (and I probably am ) May is getting fairly close to the end of the production year, isn't it?