View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
FHP unit #1222

Question Thanks to ALL !!

To everyone,

Thank you for all the advice, Please keep it coming..I'd love to hear all sides, and as I said, I appoligize to any/all I mightve offended with my comment earlier, BUT it really stunk knowing how WE ALL LOVE our SSP's, and for a normal NON leo guy, it really stinks to have the car now 2 months , and 5 times out on the road, and now 3 tickets already...

I gotta be honest, I am a HUGE supporter of everything our law enforcement do for us all, and a BIG supporter and supply giver when 9/11 happened..
But to call -
1) the 3rd precinct where I live
2) police hdqts
3) state troopers
all were called, and spoke with 3 different desk sgt's < which in hindsight, wish i got all their names and badges >, all told me, there was NO law about driving a restored police car on the road with all lights and insignia's from FLORIDA in N.Y.... 2 of the 3 told me as long as im not pulling people over, or abusing the authority theres no law, then directed to Police Hdqts which the person said they'd get back to me, and never did...

So I really appreciate the "luv", and any/all info you guys had for me, I just hope theres some way to beat/or have these fines dismissed, I dont wanna have to sell the car, before ever really enjoying it..

Harley