Thread: 1988 FHP0665
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Troop D

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Cool pics. How long did you drive it with original paint colors? Do you have any of your old auction paperwork?
I picked it up from a guy in Jacksonville who was basically like a middle man between the auction and me. He had a business selling flat-bed tow trucks and would go down south to the Miami auction where he said they sold for a cheaper price and hand pick like 5-10 at a time, then re-sell them at a profit. I'm about as cheap as they come, so after about a week of haggling with him and picking out the best one he had, his profit margin wasn't that great (he showed me his price).

Anyways, I didn't get any of the auction paperwork from him as I wasn't concerned with it at the time (kick in the arse moment ). What I did get that was left in the car is the origional application for title from the Ford dealer in Orlando for DHSMV. Shows date of purchase, title #, tag #, even what I beleive to be the trooper's name who had it hand written at the top.
The "Property of DHSMV" tag with serial # is still in the glove box area as well. Can't wait to pull up the carpet now to see if the build sheet is there.

When I bought the car I got a 30 day tag on it. I drove it during those 30 day just like you see it. Then somone was kind enough to let me know... "You know it's illegal to drive it like that and you could go to jail right?". Needless to say, it sat for almost another year before I got it painted and made it my daily driver.

Why police should not pursue Stangs...
Why you should not get caught by the police in your Stang...