View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM

The SSP and the 69 Polara are privately owned vehicles. The other 2 are CHP Museum cars. ( up close they are pretty rough ) lol
( the Crown Vic was a local CHP area's patrol car. )
That is why they did not have some of the other cars. The museum does not have too many cars.

When I heard that Leno asked the Museum for the cars, I offered my SSP to those involved in hopes they would use it on the show also.

I am not sure who the 82 SSP belongs to, but the owner of the 69 is a good friend of Spike Helmick. Spike is the Committee Chairman for the CHP Museum. I am sure Leno only had room for a few cars.
The Polara owner and vehicle lives close by to Burbank, CA.
The CHP vehicles were transported down and back to the academy.

Spike was nervous LOL he's a crack up jokester usually. Great guy, I could tell he was nervous. Leno also rushed his questions, leaving not much time for Spike to think LOL
Great show though ! We all make mistakes. I hope there are more shows on CHP vehicles.

Leno is a huge supporter of the CHP. When a former partner of mine died on duty in 1997 ( Calif. floods ) drove off into a washed out highway, killing both officers, Leno raised a huge amount of money for his family.
Leno is a good guy !