View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Another idea I'll try to work on if you want.

What if we started a list of all known CHP SSP plate numbers, we can add to it and I can make a few trips to the CHP Academy and Fleet Services and talk to the CHP photographer and go through and see how many photos I can come up with of the actual unit numbers we have on our list.

Make copies for our list, plus members can receive a copy of their car in service when found, IF any are found.

There has got to be a ton of them out there. Just take the time looking.
Mike ( Mac88CHP ) has offered to help out in that area as well with assignment cards.

He now has a pretty good " in " at the academy with a Sgt. or two I introduced him to, one who heads up the museum at the academy, plus the EVOC Sgt. who is very cool and I know will pull some strings for us.

I think they would like to see more CHP SSP's out there at the academy and on the EVOC track. I bet if we had a few restored CHP mustangs and presented the idea to them, they'd have a day for them at the academy.
I don't think too many people in the department realize how many are out there and the interest in them.

I do know that the EVOC instructors would LOVE to drive them if they showed up lol.
Just a thought. I know I am intent on finding an in service picture of my car.
It would be neat to have a photo of the car for the vin project, and I know everyone that owns a CHP SSP would love to have an in service picture of their car as well.
What do you think ?