View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt3434 View Post
i havent looked for the unit number as i was too busy trying to get it tuned and running. however, i notice the vin label is gone from the driver side door and there is peeling black paint and underneath its red and primer so either the door was changed out sometime or someone took the vin label off. However, I will be going through it after I get it running and reliable and I hopefully find something. Aside from the $700 in back fees, its was a steal! I have three of the four wheel caps so I am short one. Even the trim is in great shape, as well as all glass and package tray. Fresh carpet and dash pad and freshening up/dye of all the panels and door panels will make it look near new. Thick coats of dust/dirt cover the majority of the motor and interior which fit the story of it sitting for all those years, not to mention all the lien papers I got with all documentation of who owned it and where.

Sounds like the VIN is gone from the door, not the top of the dash. Doors get replaced often.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363