View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 AM

Woo hoo, Mercury moved under its own power for the first time in at least a year!

I am having my crawl space sealed and a new access cut in through the garage, so I had to get the cars out for a couple of days. Put the Merc on the trailer to save some space and tucked the Mustang in behind.

Went to the local car show this morning but the fuel tank on the Merc is still giving me woes. I was hoping to cruise over in it, but we didn't get it running until this afternoon. The tank was hitting both tailpipes and the panhard bar was rubbing against the it, which seems bad. I am at my wits end with this stupid California tank. We performed a delicate operation, in which the tank was removed, laid on a flat surface, and sat on. Some of the bulging was removed and it was reinstalled where the lone issue is that the tank is so beat up that the drain plug it is rattling against the passenger exhaust, even with it shoved as far to the left as possible. I did put up with the rattle for a quick jaunt around the industrial park. Still needs to be tuned, but wow, what a treat. I ordered the non EEC Spectra tank from Amazon and I am going to try and scrounge a filler pipe and gasket for a non CA car and cap off the vent line to the front of the car.

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green