View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM

Default SSP Plans for the Winter?

So who will be working on their SSP(s) over the winter to get them ready for 2012? If you're so inclined, please share with the group what you have on your To-Do List. Here's mine:
  • I've begun the cleaning/sanding/priming/painting of my engine compartment. It really is quite a mess, but I will get it back into shape in the next few weeks.
  • I have a freshly rebuilt 5.0L engine that's ready to be installed. It's a roller motor, with .030-over pistons, ported iron E7 heads, and a Comp Cams 266HR camshaft. I will retain the original intake manifold and Holley carb. It should be a fairly stock motor with a smooth idle, but slightly improved performance due to the better breathing heads.
  • I need to figure out which 10" clutch to install (leaning towards the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch). The really isn't much of a selection unless I swap over to a 86-up parts configuration.
  • Inside the car, I plan to install the CHP equipment, and install a hidden FM radio so I can have some music while driving.
  • Finally, after installing the smaller 10" front brakes the car originally came with, I plan to reunite my SSP with the correct wheels and center caps.

So what are you planning to do this winter?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!