Thread: Not a show...
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:01 AM

This has been a GREAT experience.

First, it's great to finally meet these knuckleheads in person. The social aspect of sitting around and BS'ing with other car-guys makes the trip so worthwhile. Jim's a great host, and Mike grills up a tasty steak too.

Second, I've never blown apart a Fox Mustang before. The last time I ripped a car apart was about 15 years ago, and that was a 67 coupe parts car we needed for a 67 390 convertible restoration. We sold that car to Dover Downs, which they used as a slot machine grand prize (sorry, that's my ADD kicking in!). But the Fox is a different car, so this has been a great learning experience for me. Collectively, this group has so much technical expertise with these SSP's that I am in awe of their talent. And their knowledge of proper police equipment is nothing short of amazing.

As stated, we have made great progress with Mike's FHP, and we should easily have it ready by tomorrow for the body shop. Once everyone else wakes up we can get some breakfast and get this b!tch D-O-N-E! .

So who's SSP will be the subject-matter for the next 'party'?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!