Thread: JSS on eBay
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpargo View Post
Some people suck...
It's like the old saying goes....only takes one to ruin it for the rest of us.

I found those JSS boxes after being contacted by a member here (Bud), who was nice enough to let me know about an outfitter he had found that had one. The guy ended up having several, and I bought every single one he had. I didn't do it to flip them....and I did get them to several members here who needed them. One went to eBay after everyone here was taken care of (went for $50 or so to Bob Egleston from ORG, which was fine by me).

Same goes for the CHP radio gear and CC1s that I located. Members here who got them got a great deal on actual CHP radios, heads, CC1s, and amps. The only setup I sold for a profit was to a dealer/enthusiast, and that was after I made sure that everyone here who needed them was taken care of first.

I will continue to look for parts like these, and to try to help those that need them, but it's odd that I find myself buying things that I don't need in order to keep those who have other motivations from getting their hands on them. It's also odd that I have to be careful in determining who "needs" something, because we have "some" people in this hobby who are only looking for that super-rare, hard-to-find part just to put on a car to sell the week after getting it. Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell.

Some of these parts take years to find. I can't control the prices people are willing to pay on eBay, but I can control who gets the ones I've found. My .02c.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363