View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:38 AM

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the forum! There's a lot of good information here, especially off the main page of the site. I'll have to let the more knowledgable members chime in on the exact specs for the 92-93 vintage SSP's. If you find a particular SSP for sale that you like, feel free to ask specific questions about it. We recently had a new member inquire about an 85 SSP he found, but the car was actually an 86 that had a title for an 84 with a different VIN. The input he rec'd here allowed him to make a better-informed decision about the car. That's the kind of stuff we're here for.

As a voice of experience, I suggest that you decide if you want a permanently marked car or not. Cars with lights and logos need to have those things covered up in order to drive it on the street, regardless of its original jurisdiction. I decided to not paint my CHP as a B&W in order to drive the car on the street as much as possible, and I have the CHP logos on magnetic material for display purposes (I keep the lights covered and inoperable while driving too). But marked SSP's are certainly fun to own as well.

There's an 88 Oregon SSP for sale in TN that looks to be very nice (still an aero car, but it's not blue). The logos are on magnets, and the price certainly seems fair.

Good luck on your search!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!