View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
Mike,
I looked at the fleet maint records on this car and they are from the same shop until 08. The antennas/black wheels were added by my buddy due to the plain look . I have found NO signs of any equip on this car front to back ?
i have an email put together to send to NC n see if we get some info ?
Hi Hector - As a general rule the NCSHP did not put holes in the dash. The transmission hump, however, should have holes for where the radio stand and the radio speaker was mounted...will have to feel around in the carpet on the passenger side. If you look around my Fotki album you'll be able to see in various locations where these items were mounted. The equipment setup changed slightly over the years and I don't believe we have any interior pics in-service from a 1991 NCSHP SSP.

The only close up (in-service) interior pics we have are of a 1989 NCSHP unmarked black exterior with red interior that is making use of VASCAR and the 1993 NCSHP marked that I took photos of last week (others members had supplied me with photos in/out of it before too). In some cases with other exterior photos of in-service NCSHP you can make out some of the equipment. In the case of those using, a VASCAR bracket (and VASCAR) was mounted over the emergency brake. In that case the car will have a hole in that location (my 1990 marked NCSHP is an example of having had that hole in addition to the others mentioned above). If your friend's SSP does not have that hole by the emergency brake, a good assumption would be that they did not use VASCAR in that car and likely had the interior setup to match the 1993 NCSHP SSPs. By looking at the detailed photos in my Fotki album I took last week of the 1993 NCSHP SSP still owned by the NCSHP you'll get a good sense for the radio stand (made custom for the NCHSP by the NC Department of Corrections). Unfortunately they do not have any more of those lying around.

As for radio antennas, they used a bracket that attached on the inside "edge" of the trunk itself. Essentially an "L" shaped bracket. If you turn that "L" upside down that would the the shape. It attached with self tapping screws and then the antenna mounted on the horizontal part of the "L" keeping that part of the bracekt and the antenna base slightly off of the trunk lid. Again no holes into the top of the trunk just small hole(s) in the track the trunk lid closes into. Pictures of this documented in my Fotki with very close up photos from last week of the 1993 SSP the NCSHP still owns.

I still have 1 or 2 of the NCHSP History & Restoration Guidebooks, which is 47 (if memory serves me correct) color pages professionally coil bound. The Guidebook details the incredible amound of information I have learned about these from my NCSHP contact. Send me (or have your friend join and send me a PM) if interested in buying. Hope the info above helps!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/