View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPS SSP View Post
Check with Jim at PPI. I was told he got $2500 ??? for the last NOS set he had. I sold one NOS set 8 years ago for $1,500 no questions asked - to a Mustang collector in California. Does anyone here know of other sources with NOS sets ? I mean NOS sets that are not cracked or dry rotted ? Also, don't forget not only were these used on SSP's but every 5.0 LX & GT from 1985 thru 1990.
Jeff I would put them on ebay. See what they bring. FMR sold a set on wheels for a little less than 1k last year (I think). In 2004 a set of NOS Saleen take-offs with perfect unused 10 holes went for 1800.00. I guess it just depends on how bad the person wants them and how much money they want to spend. Didn't you put some of these on Ebay recently? I remember seeing a set with another picture showing a rack of tires and the seller claiming to have more. Did that set sell?

I would bet Coker will eventually repro the tires which would be great. Before that happens there will need to be a demand for them and that just isn't the case right now. Bill Gates would probably pay 4k for a set if he needed them. PPI was asking 2500.00 for a set of these tires? wow

Anyway good luck with the sale.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP