View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Alabama had 36 cars total in '88...4 have surfaced and the one that a friend of mine drove was bought by C&L back in the day...raced....sold to another racer and it is long gone or so far modified it will never be restored. THe trail on that car went cold long ago.

As far as finding one...good luck, many have hunted and most have been disappointed. If you do happen to have the luck like a winning lotto ticket and find one for a fair price(because the last guy was gouging $15K for a car that needed restoration) then you are going to be held to a high standard of conduct if it even resembles an Alabama trooper and you live in this state. I own/operate a GSP in Alabama and have no trouble...but I go to great lengths to show honest intent. There is a guy with an old Javelin replica of an Alabama car and he even has to abide by certain rules/behavior with a '70's Javelin. It gets quite serious when you restore a car from the state you live in so be prepared for that....otherwise it is still very serious to own/operate an ex police car...even driving a crown Vic that resembles an unmarked car can net you some unwanted attention if you are not careful.