View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 AM

It's not what it was made up to be but I had to buy the damn thing. It's sitting in the garage next to the 88. I know it's not an ssp but I'm stoked about it. Turns out it's really an 86. According to the vin, it was a 5.0 HO originally equipped with a 4 bbl carb.
Yep, motor swap. It's got an efi in it but nothing is chopped or wired in. It all looks stock. It's 100 percent complete. All stock except the seats , motor, and I think it's got flows. New appearing black carpet and not a crack one in the dash or the vinyl headliner. I found one dent on the exterior worth talking about and I had to get the light right to see it. I'm debating on what to do with it. I don't think it's as rare as we suspected but it will make a fine car whether it's modded or remains original like.
The story is this, it was spotted at the auction wearing a two tone grey and white paint scheme of some sort and had gold stars on the doors. It was not in the line up but I guess he inquired about it and they agreed to sell it. Before it left the auction, they sprayed the primer on it quickly to cover the paint. It doesn't look like it was sanded, just sprayed all over.
Whatever the case may be, it's straight as an arrow, even the core support. I can't complain! $750 out the driveway with a clean crispy title. And it has a trailer hitch!!!! I have always wanted one and now I finally have one. It's serious too, a 2" ball!!