View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
The White Fred Sanford

OK...some updates....

Parking....I've got a way worked out so that everyone doesn't have to meet and go in together. If we have 20-25 cars minimum then we can have spaces marked off in the Fan Zone for group parking. This will be a premium parking area. What I need is everyone's name, car and registration number for the show. I'll them submit it and get the parking area set up. We need to act fast on this so PM or email me this info I already have Mike's info(92 and 82 EVOC cars) but everyone elses I will need.

For the Cruise down to homewood.....

Leading the Cruise will be Ford execs in 2010 Mustangs and a 2010 GT500 pace car with lights driven by a buddy of mine who is a State Trooper(I keep telling him that he sucks for this ) but this was done so that HE could run the lights on that car per request from Ford and being a Trooper this was the only way to do that on the highways. Following these cars will be our SSP cars. We are NOT taking the same route we did last time....the route change will eliminate all but 2 traffic lights.

Now so far the only certain thing I have set up is that Aaron will be leading the SSP's with the Alabama car....I will be second behind him in my GSP(only because I have another task once we get into Homewood. There will be 2 lines once we get off the interstate...SSP's on the left and the Ford execs on the Right....Aaron will stop at the light before parking and I will jump out and follow the Ford Execs with lights on around a loop where they will park and then I will start the parking for the SSP's which at that point you guys will filter in and park across from the Ford Execs at the beginning of the entrance. Once I come around then you guys will start filtering in and parking.

Also, once we get off the interestate into Homewood there is a point where we can turn on lights and sirens....When I turn on my lights, THAT is the point where everyone else can turn their lights/sirens on once they get to that point...DO NOT turn them on sooner than that landmark...please.

Next, here is a picture of the map of downtown homewood with the route highlighted...I did this to give you guys a heads up ahead of time. You see where we come in from the interestate, head down and make a left at the light...we split into 2 lanes once off the interestate and there will be a point there where I turn on my lights signaling the point where everyone can do the same. Where it splits off into the square highlighted around the block is where the Execs will split off and come around and in from the back side...straight ahead from that point on the left is where we will all be parking at that entrance but you all will wait for the Execs to make the loop and park before proceeding to park.

Please feel free to ask any questions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Homewoodsm.jpg (88.6 KB, 38 views)