Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustang Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Replacement VASCAR Cable? (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=269)

ImEvil1 04-01-2007 07:58 PM

Update: Long day here......

I switched out the '82 CHP car for the '83 CSP. The end of the cable that terminates into the SROD looks pretty much like what I'm used to seeing from the '93. Does anyone here have a pic of the late-model assembly (including the drive gear that plugs into the tranny) handy? It's been a long time since I replaced the 2-piece cable with a 1-piece (1997) and I can't remember how the assembly attaches to the end of the cable (if it even does).

I didn't take pics...the tranny was losing fluid (alot more than I remember with the '93) and I didn't have my camera handy.

86NeSSP 04-01-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 1801)
Update: Long day here......

I switched out the '82 CHP car for the '83 CSP. The end of the cable that terminates into the SROD looks pretty much like what I'm used to seeing from the '93. Does anyone here have a pic of the late-model assembly (including the drive gear that plugs into the tranny) handy? It's been a long time since I replaced the 2-piece cable with a 1-piece (1997) and I can't remember how the assembly attaches to the end of the cable (if it even does).

I didn't take pics...the tranny was losing fluid (alot more than I remember with the '93) and I didn't have my camera handy.

I'll post one up by the end of the night...

Got one in the garage.

M

ImEvil1 04-01-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHP8302 (Post 1802)
I'll post one up by the end of the night...

Got one in the garage.

M

Good deal....thanks.

I had a sticky right front brake and almost didn't make it to the house. I've been needing to completely redo the brakes for awhile on that car.:eek:

86NeSSP 04-01-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 1803)
Good deal....thanks.

I had a sticky right front brake and almost didn't make it to the house. I've been needing to completely redo the brakes for awhile on that car.:eek:

I'm happy that car is running and driving. Get those binders changed out!

ImEvil1 04-01-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHP8302 (Post 1805)
I'm happy that car is running and driving. Get those binders changed out!

It's always done that. :)

Now the other '83....I wouldn't try to drive that one anywhere.

86NeSSP 04-01-2007 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK the one I have is for a 89 car with the one with the speed sensor. So I guess the only one I have is the one on my 85 coupe...

Here is the picture I`have...

ImEvil1 04-01-2007 11:43 PM

It looks like it may be the same....is there a gear on the end of that one? (hard to tell in the pic)

86NeSSP 04-02-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 1809)
It looks like it may be the same....is there a gear on the end of that one? (hard to tell in the pic)

No it's not. But it just slides on the end and a a C-clip holds it on.

M

ImEvil1 04-02-2007 12:20 AM

That's what I was missing. :)

Thanks...I'll take another look at it this weekend, and hopefully get some pics posted. Your '85 and the VASCAR-equipped cars would both have the same terminal ends, so it looks like they are all going to be the same.

ImEvil1 04-13-2007 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe I have the PN figured out, but it's not 100%. The pic below has the number and several vendors who have it in stock.