Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustang Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OEM weather stripping (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4282)

05pwrstrk 05-31-2012 08:46 PM

OEM weather stripping

Where can i buy OEM weather stripping?

NoDrama43 05-31-2012 09:54 PM

your local Ford Dealer.

John10608 06-02-2012 02:16 AM

If your Ford dealer is anything like ours here, most all parts for these mustangs are not available. They are good at printing me out a parts list so I can see what I need to order, that is about all they are good for here.

I have found almost everything I need for my 92 through Late Model Restorations.
Great to work with, ask all the questions you want, and they have good prices and fast shipping.
Look them up.
I purchased all of my weather stripping for my 92 ssp from them.

05pwrstrk 06-02-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John10608 (Post 34651)
If your Ford dealer is anything like ours here, most all parts for these mustangs are not available. They are good at printing me out a parts list so I can see what I need to order, that is about all they are good for here.

I have found almost everything I need for my 92 through Late Model Restorations.
Great to work with, ask all the questions you want, and they have good prices and fast shipping.
Look them up.
I purchased all of my weather stripping for my 92 ssp from them.

Good info. Thank you. Our dealership is one of those new "FORD Stores" and they don't really have anything I need. (at least so far they haven't been able to produce) I will check out Late Model Restoration. Some new weatherstripping will make a huge difference. Mine is all Nevada sun baked.

Thank you!!

John10608 06-02-2012 12:16 PM

Well, what I also meant was, Ford dealerships do not have any oem parts for these cars any longer.
One somewhere may have one or two pieces stuck back away somewhere, But you can not get parts through a dealership for these cars any longer.
Out of stock.

I have tried several times several different parts. I just go to
hrough LMR
Good luck

John10608 06-02-2012 12:18 PM

I meant to type... I just go through lol

NoDrama43 06-02-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John10608 (Post 34656)
Well, what I also meant was, Ford dealerships do not have any oem parts for these cars any longer.
One somewhere may have one or two pieces stuck back away somewhere, But you can not get parts through a dealership for these cars any longer.
Out of stock.

I have tried several times several different parts. I just go to
hrough LMR
Good luck

I just ordered a pair of drip mouldings for 87-93 cars. My dealer got them both in two days. 64.99 apiece. One side is still available, the other is obsolete. He was still able to get it quickly. There are many many parts for these cars still available from Ford.

They don't carry many parts for new cars on their shelves either, they just order it and have it shipped. for instance the same dealer didn't have ANY oil for my GT500 in stock. Had to order it. It was delivered the next day.

I have bought tons of stuff from LRS and other vendors, but the FIRST call I make is to my Ford Dealer.

John10608 06-05-2012 12:05 AM

well, your dealer must have special powers then.
I went to our ford dealer twice, went through a list of parts to see if they could get them.
nope...nope....nope...no longer available on everything.
The only thing they could order was the plastic clip for the hood bar. And it was wrong for my car.

I just go through LMR. They have everything. I ordered a new headliner from American Muscle. They shipped me the wrong one. Sent me a hatchback liner. I ordered that in late January, just realized it was wrong this weekend. Called them today, no problams, shipping a new one out with a return label to ship the wrong one back.

I was amazed.

If you can get a part from a dealer, great. If they don't have anything or can't get anything, LMR is the best.