Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any other projects? (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=816)

86NeSSP 12-11-2007 10:23 AM

Any other projects?

So what other projects does everyone have going on? I am trying to sell my F250 SD so I can clear the way for another truck but I will have my 87 Texas car as the only serious project for now. I do have the 86 Nebraska car that I am working on getting restored so that I can do some daily driving and to hit the shows with. I also have the 85 CHP car that will be getting some more lite work done to it to finish it up. Look for it in the coming year as well as the Nebraska car. The Texas car will take a while.

I will be picking up a regular cab short be 83-92 ranger to do a complete 5.0 swap into with all the creature comforts (A/C, heat and also cruise). This will have to be my truck to run for parts and light hauling.

Show me what else you guys are working on!

Matt

svopaul 12-11-2007 11:14 AM

My list of current projects:
-06 Dodge Magnum-wife's new car bought with some damage-repairing and painting it
-68 Cougar-just put new floors in it and now getting the brakes up to speed
-90 Corvette-removed rear bumper to do quarter panel repair and prep for paint
-65 Fastback-need to paint
-89 GSP-need to paint
-86 SVO (Road race car) -building new engine
-69 Cyclone-repairing rust in cowl

There is a long list of other projects but they are too far on the back burner to mention right now.

Of course finding time to work on my own projects is very difficult between customer cars and a newborn.

86NeSSP 12-11-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svopaul (Post 6061)
My list of current projects:
-69 Cyclone-repairing rust in cowl

Ew, Ew I wanna see, I wanna see! I love the Merc Cyclones! FEP had a pictue of one a Christmas meet a week or so ago that is awesome.

Looks like a lot of projects. I know the newborn/time issue. Mine just turned 1 and it seems that everything has come to a halt since she arrived.

Matt

predator20 12-11-2007 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't own anything but mustangs right now. But my two non ssp projects. '87 GT and a '94 GT. I did own a ranger a few months ago, but sold it to my brother before I paid it off. The '87 I swapped in a lower mileage engine and a rebuilt T-5. Then had the suspension rebuilt and most of the A/C components replaced. It needs paint and a few minor things.

The '94 when I bought it, had an auto. When it started acting up, I didn't have the money for a rebuild. But I had a low mileage '95 T-5 so in it went. Now that I'm driving the '87 also and I need something with an auto. I'll probably do the swap around Christmas.

Update on my two ssp's. The WSP got the LS-1 k-member removed still need to get the stock one back in it. The '87 project got in the way. The FHP haven't touched it, there's a fairly complete tan interior on ebay so I'm going to go after it.

svopaul 12-11-2007 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHP8302 (Post 6063)
Ew, Ew I wanna see, I wanna see! I love the Merc Cyclones! FEP had a pictue of one a Christmas meet a week or so ago that is awesome.

Looks like a lot of projects. I know the newborn/time issue. Mine just turned 1 and it seems that everything has come to a halt since she arrived.

Matt

This is it at the '04 Winged Warrior Reunion at Talladega (only about 20 minutes from me)...hasn't changed much since then except that I have the dash torn out of it looking for a water leak which snowballed into the cowl repair being needed.

bmt336 12-12-2007 12:15 AM

Just the Camaro....right now.

jarhed123 12-12-2007 12:22 AM

With the FHP car completed I was thinking of doing a CHP car. I would have to sell one of my cars :( .

calimustang 12-12-2007 01:14 AM

Since i got 08 Mustang GT, i'll mod it lightly, also repair my LT1 9C1 for whatever it needs as now she has 103,200 miles.. paint are getting old and fading.. no rust so far.. has stubborn leak that got my front passenger side carpet wet and making mildew/mold on carpet, will send it to the chevy shop soon for the leak issue, put impala ss springs and bilstein shocks since 9C1 springs are worn out and possibly bushings on front end and steering system also since theres some play in the steering.. yup.. a lot of work but i love the car to death so i cant ever part with it, i plan to paint it gunmetal gray, right now it has light aquaratic blue.. rare color it is. i plan to have it completely overhauled by a caprice/impala ss restoration shop in California (that i know of) which will do it all, it'll be like a new car. it will happen in few years, my goal is when she reaches 200k miles then retire it and have a P71 take over and serve me for videophone installer job, i'll convert it into impala ss in my preferences.

FHP0665 12-12-2007 10:05 PM

Life...

NoDrama43 12-12-2007 11:13 PM

currently painting the 93 FHP car

85 TXDPS is ready for paint now

whippleizing the Windveil blue 07 gt (new school)

building the 86 427 carbed stroker car (windveil blue 2 b) (old school)

10 ssp cars to restore

pouring concrete in the barn

I have plenty to do.