Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustang Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   radio does not play (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6939)

maxwedge5281 06-07-2020 12:18 PM

radio does not play

my 93 ssp has the electronic stereo cassette radio that does not work. any sources on this forum to repair? or any outside source for repair? I wish to keep the stock radio....i would consider the stock cd player radio if I could find one in good condition.... thanks for any help.

maxwedge5281 06-10-2020 05:17 PM

I do have the premium sound system...six speakers and amp. I found a nice radio/cd player....hopefully it will all plug in and play properly.

28HopUp 06-10-2020 07:28 PM

If it doesn't work, just sing loudly. :)

maxwedge5281 06-11-2020 04:19 AM

that is a good idea especially with the windows down!!!!I don't really play the radio very much and the clock works...but it is bothersome to me not being in working order.

JerryPHX 06-11-2020 12:59 PM

radio does not play

Max, I just sent you a PM reference installing the Ford Premium Sound radio. But after I pressed "submit", I remembered I forgot the pass on how I had the radio in my 2001 Mustang repaired.

I called the local Ford dealer Parts Department and found out who was the Ford Authorized Warranty Repair shop, even though this wasn't a warranty claim. The Parts Department is in charge of sending radios out for repair. After they gave me the name I googled them, got their address and carried the radio to them. It was repaired in a day and I installed it. It worked fine.

Authorized shops can repair all Ford radios all the way back to the 60's. They are not cheap but have all the parts.

Let us know how it works out, Jerry

maxwedge5281 06-14-2020 11:27 AM

thanks jerry. i found an oem 93 mustang radio with cd player and it should be here early this week. im hoping that the amp, wiring, and speakers are in good shape....and, especially that it is a plug and play. thanks for the tip.

maxwedge5281 06-15-2020 05:40 PM

i got the radio today. i drilled out the rivets in the mounting plate on the old radio and using two sided tape adhered it to the bottom of the radio/cd . this allowed me to attach the radio to the small package tray beneath. i then put in the two plugs and the antenna and slid it into place. switch on and radio and cd operate as designed.

JerryPHX 06-15-2020 06:40 PM

Congratulations!
Jerry

maxwedge5281 06-15-2020 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i wanted to add a pic on my previous post and could not get it to load. trying again!

JerryPHX 06-16-2020 08:22 PM

Looks Great! And I bet it sounds great too. I've installed those radios in three of my vehicles (all now gone) and they are strong and better than aftermarket stuff.