Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Show Info (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dallas show this weekend! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3268)

copcamaro 04-07-2011 06:16 PM

Dallas show this weekend!

Sure hope you guys (especially those in the TX areas) will attend and take lots of pictures.Looks as though Jim (Mr. D) has arranged a lot of fun and interesting things, too keep the group busy and entertained.
Show be a good time for all you stangers!!

ssp91ssp 04-08-2011 10:22 AM

Hey Uncle Ray !!
Enjoy the event and take lots of pics ....

You may of saw my comment on ORG about my tow veh with the expensive Radiator Issue.....:No no: the boys are NOT happy!
Maybe we can make the next event??

Take care and B-safe!

28HopUp 04-08-2011 10:45 AM

Sorry you can't go Hector. I wish I could make one of these larger meets/shows. Personally, I've never been to a show where there was more than one SSP.

That reminds me - there's a local show tomorrow that I can go to, and the weather should be decent :) Maybe I can park next to the 72ish Dodge squad car that usually attends. His was originally an Illinois State Police car IIRC that he cloned into a local Wilmington PD car (fully authorized I understand). I'll take pictures, if I can...

MOstang 04-08-2011 01:53 PM

Bill - I'm surprised to hear your shows are starting already. Hope you have good weather for one. I don't think ours really get out of the gate much until May.

ImEvil1 04-08-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copcamaro (Post 24614)
Sure hope you guys (especially those in the TX areas) will attend and take lots of pictures.Looks as though Jim (Mr. D) has arranged a lot of fun and interesting things, too keep the group busy and entertained.
Show be a good time for all you stangers!!

I enjoyed the show today.....got to talk with some great people and saw some super-nice cars. BMT, Todd and I are sitting in the NET hospitality suite enjoying some cold beverages. ;)

I guess the guys from ORG were busy touring the Dallas PD...didn't see any of them at the show until around 4.

scoutdrivinrebel 04-09-2011 01:31 AM

I plan to be at the show tomorrow. I won't be bringing any of my cars, but I hope to meet some of the SSP guys I've been conversing with all these years.

ImEvil1 04-10-2011 05:49 PM

I'm back....it was a good time. Got to see some old friends, meet some new ones, and finally put names here with some of the faces. :)

I also had a great conversation with some MCA officials I met there. They will be discussing creating a class for our SSP cars in a meeting later this month. :2thumbs:

NoDrama43 04-10-2011 09:34 PM

sounds great. glad you had a good time! What kind of turnout was there for the show?

ImEvil1 04-10-2011 09:51 PM

I'm thinking 150-200? I'm sure the local club will put out better numbers, but it wasn't crazy packed or anything.

NoDrama43 04-13-2011 10:42 AM

I spoke with the show chairman, Ralph Perkins, today on the phone and he stated there was less than 300 cars showed up. He thinks it was somewhere near 260. I guess they had a bunch of left over awards so lots of people got them. In looking at the pictures posted on FOTKI it is obvious turnout was way less than they hoped but in this economy I am not suprised.

I am going to focus on going to some local shows around here to keep the costs down. The black FHP unmarked is almost ready to go.