Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1983 GSP Perm #3083 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5091)

kapracing 07-11-2013 10:53 PM

1983 GSP Perm #3083

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!
This is very likely the last surviving 83 GSP out of the original 10.

First I wanna give a BIG THANKS to Bill (28hopup) and Mick (foxchassis) for help; advice and encouragement in tracking down this rare bird.

I will pics of car soon... She's no beauty queen right now but she's straight and solid and she will be soon:-)

Teaser pic

kapracing 07-11-2013 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cluster and tags were removed by previous owner for safe keeping...

kapracing 07-11-2013 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tag 1

kapracing 07-11-2013 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tag 2

ImEvil1 07-11-2013 11:39 PM

Congrats! More pics, please.

nighthawk756 07-11-2013 11:42 PM

Wow, congrats Bobby!! I was beginning to wonder if the seller was flaking out on you. Fantastic!! Can't wait to see pics of it....don't make us wait too long! :D

kapracing 07-11-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 41348)
Congrats! More pics, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41349)
Wow, congrats Bobby!! I was beginning to wonder if the seller was flaking out on you. Fantastic!! Can't wait to see pics of it....don't make us wait too long! :D

Will post pics this weekend :-)

Actually I WAS dealing with a third party seller...
The actual owner found my add and contacted me personally today. The third party was VERY FLAKEY... But it all worked out... Still gave WAY more than I should have for a roller but this was probably my only shot and the last surviving car from the looks of the VIN checks :-(

28HopUp 07-12-2013 09:23 AM

HUGE CONGRATS on finally getting this car home, Bobby! I am VERY happy for you. :D

ChrisL 07-12-2013 09:23 AM

WOW!!!! This is such a cool piece of history and such a cool story, rough or not, can't wait to see pictures of this car.

kapracing 07-12-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 41352)
HUGE CONGRATS on finally getting this car home, Bobby! I am VERY happy for you. :D

Thanks Bill,
I'm like a kid at Christmas right now :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisL (Post 41353)
WOW!!!! This is such a cool piece of history and such a cool story, rough or not, can't wait to see pictures of this car.

It looks bad but is in a lot better shape than the "third party" led me to believe. It actually really solid and straight. No rust out, minimal surface rust in typical places ( bottom of drivers door, lip of rain channel in trunk.) Nothing that needs to be replaced... All original panel except hood. Will need to replace Trunk lid ( some previous owner drill holes for wing and trimmed inner brace to clear huge batterie box) & rear cover has sun deterioration damage, and hood has cowl on it. Front cover is in pretty good shape (still has holes from blue lights) still factory silver. Looks like they reprint all blue matching silver. Somewhere along the line interior was dyed red :-( ... It's all there and original except carpet (replaced with actual red carpet) and is missing dash pad.