Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Selling my 1989 Utah SSP and getting a FHP SSP (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4045)

svt3434 02-01-2012 11:39 PM

Selling my 1989 Utah SSP and getting a FHP SSP

I am selling my Utah police car automatic in exchange for a Florida Highway Patrol car. They are in about the same conditjon but its hard letting go of my current SSP. Am I doing the right thing guys? On the other hand I love the FHP cars and the five speed is just awesome!!! Thanks everyone!!

MOstang 02-02-2012 08:19 AM

It's really all about personal preference so I'm not sure anyone here can add much you haven't already through about. For instance if rarity matters to you, obviously the UHP had way fewer SSPs than the Florida. If you like 2 tone colors and white isn't your thing than that points to the FHP...etc, etc.

28HopUp 02-02-2012 10:06 AM

In addition to what Mike said, with a car like this you may also want to consider what documentation is known/available about a specific SSP. IIRC, your Utah car has some documentation with it. The FHP cars are difficult to obtain new information on, so you may want to factor that into your decision. But if the auto isn't making you happy, then find another SSP with a 5-spd.

svt3434 02-02-2012 12:59 PM

Good points guys. My Utah ssp belonged to kanab city police department so its.a.bit obscure whereas the FHP seems to have enough info on it to restore no original. I have had a.devil of a.time trying to find pics of kanab city police mustangs....thanks again...ill be most happy with a five speed

1988Bullitt 02-02-2012 04:24 PM

I saw your Utah car on eBay, it looked pretty clean. It is getting harder and harder to find clean SSP's too.

svt3434 02-02-2012 05:46 PM

Thanks Aaron, it is very clean and I am having difficulty selling it. The buyer will be here Saturday to pick it up and I am getting extreme cold feet. I need some opinions here. Should I keep and have two SSP's? Or sell it and swallow the loss of a few thousand? I may have to put up another post for some opinions!

EXNODRAMANOTCH 02-02-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt3434 (Post 32584)
Thanks Aaron, it is very clean and I am having difficulty selling it. The buyer will be here Saturday to pick it up and I am getting extreme cold feet. I need some opinions here. Should I keep and have two SSP's? Or sell it and swallow the loss of a few thousand? I may have to put up another post for some opinions!

Two SSPs is always better than one (especially if you are going to lose $)! Keep it!:yes:

MOstang 02-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt3434 (Post 32578)
Good points guys. My Utah ssp belonged to kanab city police department so its.a.bit obscure whereas the FHP seems to have enough info on it to restore no original. I have had a.devil of a.time trying to find pics of kanab city police mustangs....thanks again...ill be most happy with a five speed

Was it a City PD 2nd and a Utah Highway Patrol car 1st? Or was Kanab City the original owner of the car? I ask out of curiosity as many SSPs (including one of mine) were used by local municipalities after the State used and later sold them.

svt3434 02-02-2012 08:29 PM

Mike, the SSP was owned by Kanab City, Utah Police Department and this was the chief's car. They were the first owners and only agency that had it. I want to keep it but I want a 5 speed SSP. Its a tough decision!

MOstang 02-02-2012 08:46 PM

Cool...that's definately a unique one. I'm with the 2 is better than 1 club (of course 3 would be better than 2, and so on, but the wife won't go for that...yet, anyway). :D