Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My wife's new hobby (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3852)

28HopUp 10-27-2011 08:42 AM

My wife's new hobby

As part of my job, I am required to travel somewhat frequently. With Debbie being under-employed, the two of us have talked about her getting involved in something to keep her busy. I recently came home from a trip to see that she had jumped right into something - raising chickens!

Yes, she found a place that delivered a small chicken coup, which she had placed in the back yard. When I looked inside, I could see she already had three birds in there: two roosters and a hen.

When I went inside the house to talk to her about her new hobby, I told her that it was kind of interesting, but that she made a mistake by buying two roosters and only one hen. I said she got it backwards. She quickly corrected me, and said "It's OK, the one rooster travels a lot!"

:D

copcamaro 10-27-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 30876)
As part of my job, I am required to travel somewhat frequently. With Debbie being under-employed, the two of us have talked about her getting involved in something to keep her busy. I recently came home from a trip to see that she had jumped right into something - raising chickens!

Yes, she found a place that delivered a small chicken coup, which she had placed in the back yard. When I looked inside, I could see she already had three birds in there: two roosters and a hen.

When I went inside the house to talk to her about her new hobby, I told her that it was kind of interesting, but that she made a mistake by buying two roosters and only one hen. I said she got it backwards. She quickly corrected me, and said "It's OK, the one rooster travels a lot!"

:D

Now, that was a good one!!!!!!!
Take heed to her little message

Andy 10-27-2011 10:35 AM

I love chickens
what kind are they
Regular or Extra Crispy?

Charlie 10-27-2011 11:04 AM

Ha Ha--- 2 shows on Sunday! Cool

ssp91ssp 10-27-2011 11:04 AM

Thats neat Bill....

We have chickens as well 13 of them after the dogs made a treat out of 3!
They are of the Bantam breed....they are a (Tiny size Breed) and very cool to raise.
She got them like 7mths ago.

With all the lack of work stress right now they actually help in a way.
Wife and I put the dogs away in the eves and let the chickens out for about 2hrs as we sit drinking coffee in the back yard... they then follow us everywhere we walk or all jump on the back rest of the chair we sit on.

Best of luck on the Chickens Bill. Keep an eye on that away Rooster!:p

Bri22NJ 10-28-2011 12:12 PM

Thats neat. Growing up I had a rooster. He used to chase the mailman around. lol