Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1988 Blue Cross / Blue Shield (OSP-order) SSP on CL (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5952)

28HopUp 03-16-2015 08:24 PM

1988 Blue Cross / Blue Shield (OSP-order) SSP on CL

3 Attachment(s)
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4935113142.html

Quote:

1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 Coupe(factory built police car) - $5000 (Bremerton)

1988 Ford Mustang LX V8 5 speed Coupe. Both buck tags are present. This car was never in police service, it was part of an accidental double order by the Oregon police dept. Damerow Ford in Beaverton Oregon sold the double order off to whom ever would buy them. This car went to Blue cross Blue Shield of Multnomah county Oregon. Others of this double order went to saleen for modifications.

This mustang has 195,000 miles, manual windows, manual mirrors, manual locks and no cruise. Pretty much original with the exception of the front seats, steering wheel and cobra wheels. I have lots of records including the original purchase paperwork and protecto-plate. Runs and drives good but will need some tlc eventually. This is NOT a project car, its titled tabbed insured and driven almost daily. Downfalls are cracked winshield, dent in roof, throw-out bearing howling and when your cruising in 5th you cannot downshift to 4th unless you go to 3rd first, then it slides in 4th with no other issues. I am FIRM on $5000 no if's and's or butts about it!

Call or text 360 62one 51five three

I used my phone's browser to blow up the tags, and the VIN is JF172267. I asked the seller for a pic of the VIN label, but I have enough to add this one to our Project. This looks like a solid car for reasonable money.

28HopUp 03-16-2015 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the first owner was indeed Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Multnomah County Oregon. :)

1989 Tx DPS SSP 03-17-2015 12:05 AM

That is really cool that all that documentation has stayed with the car through the years.

Tom

28HopUp 03-17-2015 09:46 AM

I agree, Tom. I have now added this one to our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info172267.htm

:)

28HopUp 03-18-2015 12:39 PM

The seller texted me yesterday that his wife talked him out of selling the car. Hopefully, he will join up here...

John Connor 03-19-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 49663)
The seller texted me yesterday that his wife talked him out of selling the car. Hopefully, he will join up here...

That's a good wife.

1adam12 04-07-2015 11:32 AM

This SSP Mustang is not part of the original order of 17 Oregon State Police (OSP) Mustangs 14 of which had grey interiors and were sent to Saleen. The remaining 3 cars from the 1st order were all blue interior. 1 sold off lot to civilian, 1 to local police agency and other not yet account for.

This car (for sale above) is from the second batch (order) of 1988 (OSP) SSP cars ordered by Damerow Ford based upon the serial number. The old "STORY" of there being a "Duplicate" order of 17 cars is BS. It did not happen as the cars from both batch orders are not identical. There certainly was 2 different batches of what appears to be 17 cars. Rest assured Damerow Ford knew exactly what they were doing in making a MISTAKE when ordering the first batch of 17 cars as 14 of the 17 cars 1st order had the wrong interior color that Damerow KNEW the OSP would not accept. Those are the 14 OSP SSP cars sent to Saleen. That my friends is how you get a bigger allotment of cars to do with what you want.

This "Mistake" allowed Damerow Ford to re-order a second batch of OSP SSP Mustangs whose serial numbers start about 30 cars after the first batch. Ironically it appears at this point based upon the known cars that over half the cars from the "second order batch" were sold as retail units off the Damerow lot and were NEVER in-service with the Oregon State Police. That is also true of the first batch of cars as the only unknown car from the first order lot of 17 cars "may" be the only car from that batch to go into service with the OSP.

Now you know!

1adam12 04-07-2015 11:45 AM

To add to above since the 5 minute edit rule got me.

Damerow Ford management and their car order guy knew the State of Oregon would not accept an incomplete order to fulfill their contract with only 3 cars from the 1st order meeting their specification with the blue interior. This allowed Damerow Ford to order a second batch of cars which were all correct per the contract with blue interiors. As stated above based upon the known cars in the second batch about 1/2 were sold of the lot to civilians and the other half went to government use or in the case of this car BC/BS.

These FACTS are all based upon the known car serial numbers from the 1st and second batch of 1988 OSP cars ordered by Damerow Ford.

SPiRiT R/T 04-07-2015 12:34 PM

Where was this information pulled from?

1adam12 04-07-2015 01:02 PM

Research completed by members of the SCOA (Saleen Club of America) concerning the 14 1988 OSP Saleen coupes.

28HopUp 04-07-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1adam12 (Post 49810)
These FACTS are all based upon the known car serial numbers from the 1st and second batch of 1988 OSP cars ordered by Damerow Ford.

Based upon our findings, both "batches" were part of the same DSO number: #74-0005, which had 59 cars total in that order. By ordering some Marti Reports on some specific VINs, we could learn how the cars were likely optioned. But the cost/benefit ratio does not add up. Plus, it is next to impossible to figure out which cars were used in-service. But as stated, we do know how many SSP Mustangs Ford built in that order.

28HopUp 10-30-2015 01:39 PM

This one is back up for sale on CL -

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5292316057.html

Quote:

1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 5spd. Coupe(factory built police car) - $6500 (Bremerton)

1988 Ford Mustang LX V8 5 speed Coupe with SSP option. Both buck tags are present along with all body vin tags. This car was never in police service, this car went to Blue cross Blue Shield of Multnomah county Oregon. Others of this oregon order went to saleen for modifications.

This mustang has 198,000 miles, new exhaust from headers all the way back, manual windows, manual mirrors, manual locks, manual gas door and no cruise. Pretty much original drivetrain and suspension with the exception of the front seats and steering wheel. I have lots of records and documentation including the original purchase paperwork and protecto-plate. Runs and drives good but will need some tlc eventually. This is NOT a project car, its titled tabbed insured and driven almost daily. Downfalls are cracked windshield, ding/dent in roof, front rotors could use a turn or replace. 4th gear works but has an issue. $6500 If it dosent sell here Ebay is the next step.

Call or text 360 62one 51five three

NoDrama43 10-30-2015 01:53 PM

this thread highlights why the VIN project is so important. Potential buyers can reference the car and know it isn't someone simply creating a bunch of
non- confirmable hype etc. Nice to see the seller putting out the history. This is a unique car for sure.

+1 for the VIN project. Mick and Bill have done a fantastic job recording history.

28HopUp 10-31-2015 05:05 PM

Thank you, Jim. We have also seen two instances of documentation being posted in the VIN Project which later got lost by the cars' owner. The SSP was sold, and the new owner only had the photo in our VIN Project (as I recall, in one instance it was a window sticker, and the other it was the Buck Tags that went missing).

kapracing 10-31-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 51728)
+1 for the VIN project. Mick and Bill have done a fantastic job recording history.

X's 2
Yes they have done an absolute amazing job !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51765)
Thank you, Jim. We have also seen two instances of documentation being posted in the VIN Project which later got lost by the cars' owner. The SSP was sold, and the new owner only had the photo in our VIN Project (as I recall, in one instance it was a window sticker, and the other it was the Buck Tags that went missing).

This is a blessing to those new owners...

FordV8 01-26-2016 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This pic may already be floating around. Anybody seen this car in person? Its still for sale, I may be interested but would have to buy without seeing it in person.

67gt500 01-28-2016 02:49 PM

If you are interested in it I could drive up to bremerton and inspect it for you. I love about 30 mins from there.

FordV8 01-28-2016 04:18 PM

I really appreciate the offer but it sold on Ebay a few days ago. I was waiting on if I wanted to bid or not and got tied up and missed the end. It sold for $5500. But never know sometimes ebay auctions don't always pan out. Coincidently I was in FIFE WA last week for work and could have looked at it but at that point I didn't know it was for sale.

Rhino 01-28-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67gt500 (Post 52516)
If you are interested in it I could drive up to bremerton and inspect it for you. I love about 30 mins from there.

Rob - you are up in the Northwest now? Where are you located? Asking as I am also about 30 minutes from Bremerton. Shoot me your info via PM and we can connect. :)

67gt500 01-28-2016 10:38 PM

I am here in Wa. now. I am in Gig harbor, unbelievable country up here! Big difference from phoenix weather! I will shoot you a PM.

FordV8 01-29-2016 11:13 PM

Well it turns out the buyer backed out. I had a funny feeling that would happen. So 67gt500 if your up to taking a look at it that would be great. Let me know and I will get the sellers contact information. I really appreciate the offer. Thanks Dean

5.0Joe 01-30-2016 01:25 PM

blue cross blue shield car

Just letting everyone know its still for sale, if anyone has questions about it let me know. thanks

67gt500 01-31-2016 12:44 PM

Dean, I would be happy to go check it out for you. I could do it anytime this week. I will pm you my contact info.
Rob

Rhino 02-06-2016 02:51 PM

Looks like it's back up again:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5426561868.html

And appears the price may be dropping a little - $4500 now.

28HopUp 09-26-2019 09:18 AM

Back Up For Sale on CL

1 Attachment(s)
https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/...986644947.html

Quote:

1988 mustang ssp 5.0 - $8900 (Goldendale)

1988 Ford Mustang Coupe LX with special service package. Both buck tags are present with body vin tags. This car was never in police service but sold to Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Oregon. Less than 15,000 of these cars were made from 1982-1993, and only 300 in 1988. This car has been recognized and added to the SpecialServiceMustang.net registry site and has it’s own registry page.The car was part of the rumored double order from Damerow Ford.
This mustang has been driven so it has approximately 199,000 miles. I replaced the instrument cluster so it shows 69,000 miles.
I have lots of paperwork including the original bill of sale. The car is mostly original and unmodified except for BBK headers and Flowmaster exhaust. The body is rust free with no damage, interior is nice and has no tears or holes. Headliner is perfect, engine runs nicely and the rebuilt t5 shifts smooth. Has your typical paint chips and some tiny dings but overall a nice car. Car is quick and fun to drive. contact name: Gary (509) 261-0224
It has different wheels/tires now and the price has crept up.